*for CFP designees only; additional fee required
This course is designed to meet CFP® Board’s 2-hour ethics study requirement for CFP® certificants. Upon completion, students will be able to:
- Define and discuss a financial planning engagement, material elements of financial planning, and the financial planning process.
- Analyze specific fact patterns to determine if a financial planning relationship exists.
- Differentiate between the standards of care set forth in Rules 1.4 and 4.5 of the Rules of Conduct and apply each standard of care to specific factual situations.
- Apply each practice standard set forth in the Financial Planning Practice Standards to a hypothetical financial planning engagement.
- Identify information that must be disclosed to a client in writing when a CFP® professional is engaged in a financial planning relationship or providing material elements of financial planning.
- Define the information that must be disclosed to clients and prospective clients, when that information must be disclosed and apply each disclosure requirement to a specific factual situation.