IMCA membership offers a variety of benefits.
1. Discounted Fees for IMCA’s Educational Offerings
IMCA members receive significantly discounted rates for the Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®) and Certified Private Wealth Advisor® (CPWA®) certification programs, and IMCA’s renowned educational conferences and events.
2. Subscriptions to Leading-Edge Publications
Everyday issues, new trends, research, and theory are delivered through several complimentary publications for IMCA members:
- Investments & Wealth Monitor—IMCA’s members-only, bimonthly educational magazine features industry news, discussions of timely investment topics, legislative updates, practice management tips, and legal information.
- The Journal of Investment Consulting—IMCA’s premier, academic publication focuses on empirical, graduate-level research and includes commentary from academic authorities and industry leaders.
- IMCA Legislative Intelligence—IMCA’s monthly e-mail update that keeps pulse on Washington happenings, offering insight into legislative and regulatory developments that impact members and their clients.
- IMCA Insight—IMCA Insight is a comprehensive, bi-weekly e-newsletter featuring a mix of IMCA news and industry highlights, delivered through a partnership with SmartBrief.
- IMCA Research Quarterly—A proprietary, in-depth quarterly publication designed for IMCA members, by IMCA members. The research is analyzed and reported by industry leader Cerulli Associates and details how IMCA members deliver best practices around topics like portfolio construction, institutional consulting, managed accounts, and alternative investments.
- The Investment Advisor Body of Knowledge: Readings for the CIMA Certification. This comprehensive text is designed for new candidates who are preparing for the CIMA certification process. Each chapter covers learning objectives and summaries to guide candidates in their study. Beginning in 2016, new CIMA candidates receive a complimentary copy (a US$150 value) with their membership.
- Barron's Subscription—IMCA members now can receive a one-year subscription as a benefit of membership.
(Print subscription available only to members within the 48 contiguous states who are not currently receiving a subscription. Digital subscription is not available at this time to U.S. or international members.)
3. Online resources and networking opportunities
- My IMCA—Customized website that provides 24-hour-access to tools and resources that enhance the membership experience—track and monitor continuing education credits for IMCA designations, member directory, discounted event registration, and other membership benefits.
- Model RFPs and Questionnaires.
- IMCA Online Content Library—Immediate access to articles about topics ranging from alternative investments to wealth management—and everything in between. Search and download unlimited articles by topic, keyword, and author. Investments & Wealth Monitor and Journal of Investment Consulting archives are free for members.
- IMCA LinkedIn group—IMCA’s online center for community development provides members with an online forum for networking, resource sharing, job seeking, and discussion of industry trends.
- Citrix GoTo Products—IMCA members receive a 45-day free trial and a 15% discount on Citrix Go-To products. IMCA members may utilize the below links to take advantage of the trial and discount.
- Horsesmouth—IMCA members receive a professional courtesy six-month free trial package to a host of business development, practice management, financial planning, and investment management resources. Learn more or call 888.336.6884.
- IPS AdvisorPro®—IMCA members receive 20% off first-year subscription to this Web-based software designed to create fully customized investment policy statements. Learn more.
Join IMCA today by completing the online application or submitting a hard copy application.